Tuesday 10 March 2009

Cavendish Logo/Icon



Worked on this last night. Took a while to get it to look right but I'm pretty happy with it now - we'll see how I feel tomorrow...

All Photoshop - did look at vectoring it to go with the current icon trends but the details on the cutlery would have been lost...

Anyway its for Cavendish CMS (see my last post). If you're wondering why there is a silver fork, knife and spoon on a napkin read on, do read on.

I've based Cavendish's branding around the idea of an old English butler. Cavendish is an online assistant. He (is it ok to refer to inanimate objects you've created by name and gender? Usually I'd say yes, I name my pixel characters and drawings, but with a program it seems odd. For some reason 'Cavendish' is ok but 'he' seems to far. Cavendish is both more inamimate and animate than a picture. It/He does things yet has no face to put the name too...) helps web novices, or anyone really, to maintain their website. Hopefully meaning they can't accidentally remove content or destroy the look of their site.

Anyway I've always liked the idea that an experienced butler, perhaps Jeeves, Alfred or Humphries , might know more about being gentry than his employers. He knows the etiquette for everything. When to wear what, what to serve when. So that's the basic idea behind Cavendish (Except he's not a prick).

Apples, Games, Pixels & Nudity + Illustration, Animation & more Games too

No comments: